Pyrolysis Oven at Nirove
In the Pyrolysis process we remove any organic films and forms of contamination from the surfaces of metal parts.
Pyrolysis is the “thermal decomposition” of organic Material.
Pyrolysis is a very progressive, efficient, low-cost and environmentally-friendly method to remove organic material from metals.
Within the Pyrolysis process we use heat to convert the organic material such as Paint, Plastic and Rubber into a) ashes and b) gases. In this process we evacuate the oxygen within the Oven Chamber to prevent the product burning with a flame. The organic material can now smoulder into ashes.
As the Pyrolysis process converts organic material to ashes and gasses, it requires a method of cleaning the gasses and ensure the cleanest release into the environment as possible. The cleaning of the gases is done by an afterburner running at a high enough temperature to ensure the burning and conversion of the gases into an environmentally clean release.
Pyrolysis Oven Afterburner
All parts being cleaned by means of the Pyrolysis process will be after treated to the customers exact requirements. These after treatments can take on any form from very mild shot-blasting to remove ash only, repainting or coatings to prevent corrosion.
Fully Automated Shot blaster for after treatment of some Pyrolysis oven Products.
Chemical after treatment of some Pyrolysis oven Products.
In most of the paint removal industry within South Africa, some form of shot blasting is used to remove paint.
As most paints are considered hazardous waste, it should not be the preferred method to remove paint by shot blasting.
We at Nirove first convert the paint into gas, and ash and then only use the fine shot to remove the ash which is classified as normal waste.
This is what makes the Pyrolysis process and after treatment so environmentally friendly.
At Nirove we mainly use our Pyrolysis oven to remove organic materials in the Automotive sector. The organic materials are mainly paint that is build up on production jigs and other auxiliary equipment.
Our Pyrolysis oven has an internal dimension of L = 6 Meters X 2.8 Meters X 2.8 Meters
Our shot blaster has a 6 meter long feeding bed and a 1.5 x 1.5meter throat.
Currently there is not a more environmentally friendly method of cleaning of organic materials.
The Pyrolysis process ensures no change in the mechanical characteristics or the dimensions of the parts being treated.
Nirove to our knowledge have the only Pyrolysis oven in South Africa specifically used for the cleaning of organic materials within our business sector.
Advantages of Pyrolysis process or “Thermal stripping” as it is known in the industry
- Most environmentally friendly process available today
- Have no effect on part or jig dimensions
- Most cost-effective method or removing thick organic materials such as paint
- Quickest method of removing thick organic materials
- Very safe to work with
- Very advanced electronic controls
- The Pyrolysis Process extend the paint process, auxiliary equipment, tooling and part of customers, saving the customer additional investments
- Reduces Labour
Dis-advantages of Pyrolysis process or “Thermal stripping” as it is known in the industry
- Very expensive initial layout
- Must have enough product to process in order to keep cost down
- Due to the complexity of the equipment, maintenance personal need to be continuously trained
Ideal products to be cleaned in the Pyrolysis Oven
- All Metal Jigs, Skids, grates and Auxiliary equipment to the entire painting industry
- All metal products to be painted in processes such as powder coating and E Coating
- All rejected painted metal parts for repainting
- All old painted parts to be professionally re painted
- All tooling and parts that suffer from contamination of plastics, Rubber, fillers, Grease and any other organic materials
- Any tooling, screws, Nozzles and barrels used in the Injection Molding industry that suffers from severe Polymer contamination
- All equipment used in the baking industry requiring cleaning and coating removal
- All contaminated Heat exchangers
And Many more.